To celebrate the start of the new Premier League 20/21 season, William Hill has introduced a new promotion for all you acca fans.
And well, it all looks very familiar…
William Hill Acca Freedom gives you more choice and better cover than ever before.
In this brief article I’ll discuss the benefits of Acca Freedom and highlight some of the key terms for this promotions so there’s no surprises.
Later on, I’ll give you an example on how you can use Acca Freedom to your advantage to minimise tail risk and maximise your accumulator earnings potential.
What is William Hill Acca Freedom?
Acca Freedom is a promotion that allows you to either boost your odds or insure your accumulator selection from one bad result.
The rewards have been integrated into the platform, meaning with one simple click you can choose to cover or boost your acca without having to search for specific matches.
How does Acca Freedom Work?
- Simply add 3 or more qualifying selections to your bet slip to enable the Bet Boost bonus.
- Increase to 5 or more qualifying selections to trigger Acca Insurance.
- Click on “Rewards Available to Apply” button.
- Select either Acca Insurance or Boost.
- Enter your stake amount and hit the Bet button.
Your bet is now placed with Acca Freedom rewards.
But wait… Before you go, there are few things to consider.
Free bets cannot be used in conjunction with this offer, whether it’s full or part stake. So you’ll have to find something else to spend those free bets on.
It looks to me like the Marketing team at William Hill have had one to may Zoom meetings
If you decide to choose Bet Boost, then Acca Insurance will be removed and vise versa. You can only use one reward per day. These offers cannot be carried forward or accumulated either, so if you fail to use either of them on a particular day, you cannot use them for another day.
I’ve written extensively on both William Hill Bet Boost and Acca Insurance which you can find using the links provided. But here is a brief summary the terms for each promotion.
Choose Bet Boost:
1. Select a min 3+ (up to 25 selections). These must be for pre-match or in-play bets on any sport (Excluding greyhound and horse racing.)
2. The maximum Boost Bet is £20.
3. You cannot use any enhanced odds, flash odds or free bets with this promotion.
4. If one or more of the selections is postponed, the Bet Boost will be cancelled and not replaced.
5. Bet Boost must be used in full and can only be used once.
Choose Acca Insurance:
1. Must contain a minimum of five selections with odds of 1/5 (1.2 Decimal) or more.
2. You can use Acca Insurance on pre-match sports bets ONLY (no in-play), excluding greyhound, horse racing and virtual markets.
3. Maximum “insured” free bet you can receive is £20.
4. Free Bets are only valid for 30 days.
5. Only straight accumulator bets qualify. Permed and multiple bets to do apply to this offer.
6. If any postponed matches result in less than five selections in your accumulator, you no longer qualify for this promotion.
7. Acca Insurance cannot be used in conjunction with any enhanced, handicap or total points markets.
Acca Freedom Key Terms
As with most bookmaker promotions they come with a few caveats you need to be aware of to ensure you qualify for the offer.
Here are some of the key terms and conditions you need to consider:
2. Free bets (either full or in part) cannot be used in conjunction with this promotion.
3. Maximum stake £20.
4. Acca Insurance reward is a free bet up to £20. Original stake not included in reward.
5. At least five selections with minimum odds of 1/5 (1.2 decimal) or more to activate insurance.
6. For each-way bets, only the “win” part is insured or boosted.
7. This offer is only available on selected markets.
Bear in mind these are just the key terms. If you want to find out more on Acca Freedom, check out their full terms and conditions for this promotion.
“What, can’t you get these offers already with William Hill?”
Well yes you can, and that’s the confusing part…
I don’t see any benefit of this promotion AT ALL compared to previous deals. Punters already had Bet Boost and Acca Insurance available to them with near identical terms.
It looks to me like the Marketing team at William Hill have had one to may Zoom meetings.
So instead of having separate promotions for Bet Boost and Acca Insurance, they’ve boxed them up and re-badged as Acca Freedom.
At this point you may be thinking “this is completely pointless” and well…. You’re right it is!
Which is Better, Bet Boost or Acca Insurance?
Well it really depends on the size of the accumulator and your risk tolerance.
For smaller accumulators between 3-4 fold you have no choice but to Bet Boost and to me this makes sense. Smaller number of selections means lower odds. We tried a boosting a number of times on different accumulators and found in general you will receive anywhere between 8-10% odds increase.
Bear in mind this was with just one account. If you are a loyal regular customer of William Hill you may receive better enhanced odds.
For larger selections 6+ I would prefer to use the Acca Insurance as the chances of the bet paying out significantly reduces with each additional fold added. Of course, if you’re placing smaller stakes you may not be too concerned about the risk and prefer the enhanced odds to maximise your winnings. Ultimately with betting, it’s a personal choice and what you feel comfortable doing.
William Hill Exclusive Offer
If you do not yet have an account, William Hill have an Exclusive Offer for new customers. Sign-up today and Bet £10 and Get £30 credited as 2x £15 in Free Bets.
New Customers only, minimum odds 1/2, Minimum stake £10, win only, free bets paid as 2x £15 bets, free bets will expire within 30 days. Payment method, players and country restrictions apply. See full terms for more details.
I have to say I was really disappointed that this is just a marketing exercise to repackage existing promotions into one.
Putting that aside both Bet Boost and Acca Insurance are pretty decent products when compared rival bookmakers and what they have to offer.
The main sticking points for me are the max capped bonus of £20 and new customer not being allowed to use any free bets. So if you’re a new customer I would not go out of my way to sign up to William Hill just for this promotion. But for existing acca fans this is a decent promotion which can minimise your risk or boost your odds.